Thursday, 6 August 2009

Re Thinking

I always had a rather poor opinion of blogging to be honest. Had the rather highhanded theory that you'd have to be rather big-headed to want to run around saying whatever came into your mind... and the assumption that anyone would care, expect your nearest and dearest. But here I am, with a new viewpoint. Admitting my previous idea needed a rethink. 

Blogging is to my mind the perfect forum for honesty. As is the Internet, wither we like it or not. It is a chance for you to say and do, pretty much as you wish. The first real freedom of speech. It also offers up the global world at just a touch of a button.

Of course this isn't new, or news... but it is something, that in an age were, whichever direction you face, and whatever your political leanings the opportunity to express them has become limited or squashed. And thus with my first ever blog, I'd like to say hurrah for the ability to write, and say whatever I think. Even if its daft.  

No comments:

Post a Comment