Let me just I have had my fair share of tears/moans to listen to and hankies to hand out.
All in all I feel rather annoyed and frankly dismissive of the whole process. My utter anger is generally directed towards the utter creeps that have made my dear friends suffer.
Why do people go through this? Because as I am witnessing first hand it isn't fun... not even the creeps that really claim to enjoy this (at least I hope not.)
So it really worth it? The sad fact is that even through the tears, ruined plans and general sadness, they all seemed convinced that the pain they feel validates their feelings, that it means something.
Which is a comfort I suppose. But frankly, couldn't you get the same comfort from a corny rom-com.
We as a group of pathetic crying females (and the occasional male) have been sadly tricked. Yes grand passion, true love probably is worth hysteria, tears and all the tissues in the world. But these early relationships they are built on drama, shared universities or the ability to knock back shots.
Or the fact that your chosen partner would have slept with you. I know this is a generalisation, but in this case it is true.
At this age what on earth do we know? This is the first 'real' brush we have had with love/romance/sex (or a mixture of the 3), but is it real?
Is it worth the tears? Years from now, we will (I hope) look back and laugh. I mean that is what we do already with teenage romances, we dismiss them because now we know better.
I do not for a moment dismiss the pain that they feel, I am well aware that they are suffering - and wish I had the power to snap my fingers and make it vanish.
Failing that the power to remind them that six months from now things will be better.
Or if that didn't work, then the ability to remove their ex-beloved to outer Mongolian so at least they didn't have to see them!
No comments:
Post a Comment